Monday, December 19, 2011

my birthday weekend (Dec. 9th and 10th)

Brett totally surprised me for my birthday this year!  I really don't know what I did to deserve such an amazing husband. 

On Friday night I knew that we were going somewhere but I didn't know where, so I got myself ready and left with Brett (who arranged for his mom to babysit).  He said we had to go pick up some invitation only tickets for an up and coming restaurant in Sac. that his friend scored from his friend's friend who helped out one of the chefs at the airport.

So we ran over to the Sac. airport so Brett could run in and grab the tickets.  I thought it was a bit strange but I was going with it......well after a few minutes of waiting in the car BAM!

My car door was opened by CARLY!  What?!  I seriously screamed at the top of my lungs and was shaking for a few minutes.  I have never been so shocked esp.  since she was just here and it didn't even cross my mind that they would do this for me! 

So the three of us went to Bandera for dinner, ate delish food and drank plenty of wine! 

Then Brett told us what we were doing on Saturday (the 10th, my actual b-day)
Ummm, does it get any better I ask??

Yes, yes it does

Brett sent me and my best friend to a beautiful spa in Granite Bay for the entire day!  I was in heaven all day being massaged, getting a pedicure, manicure, sauna, drinking wine and eating yummy foods with Carly.  I have never done an actual spa day (usually it's one treatment) and it was really amazing we were in the spa for a total of about 5 hours!  It felt like an eternity of quite, mommy bliss! 

Then Carly and I went to lunch at a cute cafe in Pottery World to finish off our perfect day!

after taking Carly back to the airport I went home to see my husband and babies.  They had cleaned the entire house, and made me an adorable chocolate cake!  The boys were so proud of themselves! 

BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!! 

1 comment: